I landed in Nice this morning. My plan is to spend all of June in France. I'll spend the first 7-10 days with my friend, Jonathan Macbeth, and his wife, Teressa, in their villa in Tourrettes-Sur-Loup just outside Nice. We have a couple of warm-up rides planned, including: Nice - Monaco (the coastal road), and Nice - San Remo, Italy.
Then, we will head up to the French Alps (with maybe a few days in the Swiss Alps) to suffer on the monster climbs. My goal is to climb Europe's highest paved roads. I just hope I'll still be standing by the end of this month. This is the preliminary list of legendary climbs:
1. Col de la Bonette - THE highest paved road in Europe (elevation 2802 meters)
2. Col du Galibier (2642 meters)
3. Col de l'Izoard (2361 meters)
4. Col de la Croix de Fer (2067 meters)
5. Col de la Madeleine (1993 meters)
6. Alpe d'Huez (1860 meters)
7.Col de Joux-Plane (1700 meters)
8. Col de la Ramaz (1610 meters)
Stay tuned for video/photos.