Here is the loose plan:
- Wednesday: Dave arrives and we drive to Saint-Lary-Soulan on the French side of the Pyrenees
- Thursday: Horquette d'Ancizan, Col du Tourmalet, and Col d'Aspin (174km and 3200 meters)
- Friday: Col des Ares, Port de Bales, and Col de Peyresourde (152km and ~3000 meters)
- Saturday: likely Superbagnares, Puerto de Portillon, and Portet d'Aspet.
- Sunday: we'll drive to Euskadi (Basque Country) for several days of riding. Zumarraga will be our base, as its close to many of the Tour of The Basque Country routes and climbs.
- Tuesday through Friday: TBD. We have everything we need for Northern Spain (bikes, routes, Garmin, cash and credit cards), so we'll just take it day-by-day.
- Saturday: Dave flies back to Boston.